This Subject Series addresses the sources and implementation of a contract schedule specification. The Subject Series structure is and will be multiple parts and be a logical extension of the series titled MANAGING RISK OF DELAY.
The overview of this series is:
- Managing Risk of Delay – Schedule Preparation and Maintenance (Part 4)
- Managing Risk of Delay – Schedule Specification Sources and Implementation (Part 8)
- Schedule Specification Implementation Overview (Part 2)
- Making State of the Art Scheduling Specifications Work (presented in multiple parts).
The balance of this post and subsequent ones in this series are/will be from the paper. In general, this informative work compares two approaches to schedule specification implementation.
This extract from the paper covers:
- WHO OWNS THE FLOAT?
- THE RIGHT TO FINISH EARLY
- WARNING (understanding of value and commitment)
- PRELIMINARY SCHEDULE SUBMITTAL [Read more…]