Project Professionals a blog by McLaughlin & McLaughlin Project and Dispute Consulting LLC will be offering a few project tips over the next few weeks.
Today’s focus lists a few key points to recognizing the problems associated with Labor Productivity issues. Problems from the issues may lead to owners and contractors achieving cost uncertainty and schedule uncertainty.
- Negative Cash Flow on Project/Contract/Job.
- Labor Force (Histogram) Peak Later Than Planned.
- Field Labor (Crew Size) Peak Greater than Planned.
- Low Quantities Installed Per Man-Hour Actual/Expended.
- Abnormally/Unexpectedly High Field Labor Turnover Rate.
- Billing less than Planned.
- High Number of New Revisions to Scope Documents.
It is important to note that McLaughlin and McLaughlin Project and Dispute Consulting LLC [M&M] is not a law firm and is not intending to provide legal advice. M&M is a consulting firm providing (among other services) non-legal expertise in construction claims, dispute resolution and litigation support. For further information on M&M services, please see www.McLaughlinandMcLaughlin.com.