This post is the fifth in a series of discussions regarding current challenges being encountered in today’s project management. More specifically, we have titled the series PROJECT MANAGEMENT CHALLENGES, since we intend to focus heavily on the managerial aspects of program / project management. This post addresses the Project Management Plan [also known as Project Execution Plan, Project Plan and other titles]. The last post (Part 4) addressed the project planning process.
Authoritative information and guidance regarding project management comes from many sources. A few that may be obvious include:
- Project Management Institute [PMI]
- Construction Industry Institute [CII]
- The Chartered Institute of Building [CIOB]
- Association for Advancement of Cost Engineering International [AACEI]
- Many colleges, universities, community colleges, trade schools and other educational organizations.
In order to frame and organize this topic, we are using the PMI Project Management Processes for a Project as presented in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
Many discussion groups and forums can be helpful. These include AACE, PMI, LinkedIn and others. [Read more…]