McLaughlin and McLaughlin’s Project Professional’s post is the first in a series of discussions regarding current challenges being encountered in today’s efforts/environment associated with the human resource aspects of your project management team. More specifically, we have titled the series STAFFING YOUR PROJECT MANAGEMENT TEAM, and we intend to focus heavily on the managerial aspects of human resource planning and acquisition. This post is the introduction which frames out or structures the developing discussion.
Authoritative information and guidance regarding project management comes from many sources. A few that may be obvious include:
- Project Management Institute [PMI]
- Construction Industry Institute [CII]
- The Chartered Institute of Building [CIOB]
- Association for Advancement of Cost Engineering International [AACEI]
- International Institute for Learning
- Many colleges, universities, community colleges, trade schools and other educational organizations.
Sources that are used in this post are: